To reach our local community, our state and the world with the Gospel and the good news of Jesus Christ. As well as equipping believers through discipleship to meet the needs of those that go before us in Christ.
We at My Community Baptist Church believe, that at our very core we must maintain values which define who we need to be in order to best serve Him.
1. Worship - We feel that both congregational and private worship honors God, and strengthens our other core values. Worship impacts all that we are and all that we do. Evangelism and ministry flow out of a life that has learned to worship.Psalm 29:2 “Ascribe to the Lord the glory due His name; worship the Lord in holy array”
2. Prayer - Prayer is a core value because nothing puts us in touch with the resources and power of our mighty God the way that prayer does.I Thessalonians 5: 16-18 “Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus”
3. Reaching People for Christ - At the core of every church's existence should be the desire to reach others for Christ. Just as Christ’s mission 2000 years ago was to reach people, it should be ours today. Matthew 28:19-20 “ Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always even to the end of the world”
4. Applying the Bible to Our Everyday Life - Jesus came that we might have life not just information, and a core value is the application of that biblical truth to our lives.James 1:22 “But prove yourselves doers of the word, and not merely hearers who delude themselves”
5. Becoming Christlike - You become more like Christ by practicing spiritual disciplines. As a core value, becoming more like Christ affirms our commitment to make disciples of those who are followers of Christ.Philippians 2:5 “Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus”
6. Serving in the Name of Christ - No one has been saved so they could sit and observe, but we were saved to serve. We at My Community Baptist serve our community, our nation and the world in the name of Christ in many various ways.Mark 9:41 “I tell you the truth, anyone who gives you a cup of water in my name because you belong to Christ will certainly not lose his reward."